Fantastic Instruction… Exciting Formats… IMPACT Exposure
- College Prep & College Ready SELECT CAMP ** For The Serious Advanced & Elite Softball Players
- TEAM Camps (multiple sites)
- Elite, Advanced, or Basic/Intermediate Camps
- Residence or Day Camps
- Custom Camp At YOUR Site
- Open To Any & All Entrants
Higher Ground Is A World Leader For Softball
TERRIFIC Instruction, EXCITING Formats, IMPACT exposure
Register online, mail, fax, or call
Higher Ground Softball Camps
P.O. Box 741
Tifton, Georgia 31793
Bus. 229-386-9770 • Cell: 229-392-4048 • Fax 229-386-9770
Web Site: http://www.highergroundsoftball.com
2014 Camp Opportunities (02-01-14)
Can’t wait for camp again! What an awesome experience for my daughter! We had barely gotten out of the parking lot to go home last year and she said she could not wait for next year! Just amazing is all I can say about camp! WOW!
Mother in Missouri
* CAMPS are being scheduled regularly and additional sites are pending. Please contact us and/or check the listings on our web site to get the most current list of dates and sites or to have us consider locating an event in your area.
- June 15-20 Columbus, GA College Prep & College Ready SELECT CAMP This is our signature camp for the very serious player (age 14 or older by December 31, 2014) who plans for a future college softball career, or is an incoming or current college player. Players and staff from over thirty states, plus Australia, Canada, Germany, Great Britain, Holland, Italy, and New Zealand have attended our SELECT Camps. Both Commuter and Residence options are available. Contact us if YOU have the necessary skills and desire to make this the right camp for YOU. See our web site for Camp Video and What YOU Say About Us.
- June 22-26 Watkinsville/Athens, GA TEAM CAMP High school varsity, JV, middle school, travel teams – 3-Day or 5-Day options
- July 6-10 Cartersville/Atlanta, GA TEAM CAMP High school varsity, JV, middle school, travel teams – 3-Day or 5-Day options
- July 6-10 Tifton, GA TEAM CAMP High school varsity, JV, middle school, travel teams– 3-Day or 5-Day options
- July 13-17 Pooler/Savannah TEAM CAMP High school varsity, JV, middle school, travel teams – 3-Day or 5-Day options
- July 14-17 Spartanburg, SC TEAM CAMP High school varsity, JV, middle school, travel teams – 4-Day or 5-Day options
CAMP SITE LOCATIONS
Cartersville is located appx 45 miles north of Atlanta.Columbus is in West Central Georgia, on the Alabama line, and was the venue for the 1996 Olympic Softball Games. Pooler/SavannahPooler is in Southeast Georgia, a few miles northwest of Savannah. Tifton is in South Central Georgia, approximately 60 miles north of the Florida line. Spartanburg is in Northwest South Carolina, approximately 100 miles northwest of Columbia. Watkinsville is near Athens and approximately 70 miles east of Atlanta
Contact us for brochures, additional details, directions, or further assistance
- 1. The International Softball Federation, International Sports Group, the United States Air Force, and many international federations have used Higher Ground services. Higher Ground has conducted activities in approximately forty states, plus Argentina, Austria, Azores, Canada, China, Cuba, Czech Republic, England, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Panama, Philippines, Puerto Rico, Scotland, Slovakia, Sweden, U.S. Virgin Islands, and Zambia. In addition, Sports Illustrated for Women recognized Higher Ground as the top softball camp program in America. You will achieve skills needed at the highest elite levels or develop basic fundamentals.I wanted to let you know just how much you and Higher Ground camps mean to me. I look back on those times with such fondness; and the memories bring a smile to my face every time. Not only did I improve my game, but the atmosphere and attitude you promote at the camps is so great that I am inspired to try my best on and off the field. Thank you so much for giving me the opportunity to be in the company of great people and gain experiences that will last me a lifetime. Keep up the phenomenal work.
- Former Player Advisory Board Member
- Camps are open to any and all entrants and are designed based on age and skills. Our staff will adjust teaching based on factors noted in each group and at each site. We are happy to help you pick the right camp for player needs.The people I met, and things I did at camp have changed my life. I have become more confident, a better listener, and I can deal with people much easier. The coaches treated me as an adult and I grew from those experiences. Higher Ground inspired me to go for it all. I know I will fail, but I have learned to accept failure. We can only learn from our mistakes to become better. Not only did softball camp encourage me to succeed on the field, it also encouraged me to succeed in the classroom. To play college ball you have to have excellent grades. Looking back, Higher Ground Softball has shaped me into the player that I am today. I can still picture the stadium where I met my best friends, where I learned about the game, and where I became a better person.
- Campers should bring practice clothing, glove, personal bat and helmet (if available), catching equipment (if catcher), water or sports drink, and sunscreen. For Day Camps, bring sack lunch and beverage. All meals for resident campers are provided at the College Prep & College Ready SELECT CAMP, with an optional meal plan for commuter/day campers. Campers will receive a free camp T shirt. Additional souvenirs, instructional materials, or optional programs may be available.
- Our camps provide you a learning environment and you will discover that attitude is an important part of success. You will enjoy softball, develop confidence, and improve skills. We expect good attitudes and will not allow any camper to hinder other campers’ enjoyment. Serious or continued misbehavior may result in expulsion without refund.My daughter just completed her 2nd year at West Point. I remember when we both attended Higher Ground camp in Columbus. Just thought I’d update you and let you know that the life lessons you teach do not fall on deaf ears. She doesn’t play softball anymore. She now plays for Women’s Army Rugby and was invited to try for the All-American Team her very first year. I share this to let you know that I appreciate that you teach more than pitching at an elite level you teach these girls to LIVE at an elite level and to always push their bodies, minds and spirits for the best they can give. Thanks!
- Mother In Utah
- Camp FacilitiesHigher Ground uses top facilities, frequently sites for major amateur, high school, college, and international competition. Campers will receive site maps as part of registration packet.Contact us or check our web site for additional Day Camp sites that are pending.
- Cartersville: Hamilton Crossing Park – Team Camp/ July 6-10
- Columbus: South Commons – College Prep SELECT CAMP/ June 15-20
- Tifton: E.B. Hamilton Complex – Team Camp/ July 6-10
- Watkinsville: Oconee Veterans Park – Team Camp/ June 22-26
- Pooler: Pooler Recreation Complex – Team Camp/ July 13-17
- Spartanburg: Tyger River Park – Team Camp/July 14-17
- Camp Fees
Camp Type Pre-Register On Site 1 Day at Day Camp $70.00 $80.00 2 Days at Day Camp $125.00 $135.00 3 Days at Day Camp $160.00 $170.00 6 Day College Prep SELECT CAMP/Day-Commuter $350.00 6 Day College Prep SELECT CAMP/Resident $525.00 Team Camp (Instructional Fee/Per Player/ 4-5-day camp) $115.00 – 125.00 Team Camp (Instructional Fee/Per Player/3-day camp) $100.00 Fees do not apply to certain sites such as camp pending in Colorado.
* 2013 Coaches Award winners from 2013 SELECT CAMP may attend a Day Camp (3 days) or Team Camp FREE, or receive a $175.00 discount at a Resident Camp.
* Day Camp fees are due at the time of registration.
* Registration for the College Prep & College Ready SELECT Camp requires a minimum $175.00 deposit, with all fees paid at least one week prior to the camp.
* Team Camp requires $350.00 team deposit that is later deducted from total fees due.
* Fees may be refundable for sufficient cause, with the possibility of a reasonable administrative fee being retained by Higher Ground. We have a solid reputation for fairness in regard to individual situations and refunds.
* To minimize camp fees, accident insurance is a personal camper responsibility and required for all campers. Please include copy of insurance card and waiver form with registration.
* We strongly encourage registration as early as possible. Some camps have enrollment limits.
- TERRIFIC INSTRUCTION – LEARN From Those Who TEACH It Best Higher Ground camps are recognized for first-class, innovative instruction, utilizing many of the top instructors in the world of softball. Our camps are known for teaching physical, mental, and visual skills, game strategy, plus personal prevention and correction of skill problems. We use instruction, drills, and games so the player can understand and transfer to games what they see, hear, and do at practice. We provide the very serious travel team players or college bound athletes including incoming or current college players what they need to reach the highest softball skill levels. In our camps, YOU will learn better ways to practice so you can play better in games. We also will help younger players get started with basic skills and reach the in-betweeners with intermediate sessions.
Some of our recent clinic and camp instructors include:
- Lonni Alameda: Head Coach at Florida State University (FSU)
- Robin Ahrberg: Assistant Coach at Florida State University
- Kelley Bedrosian: Former Assistant Coach at Mercer University (GA)
- Liz Beirne: Assistant Coach at Georgia Southern University
- Laura Berg: Four-time USA Olympic Gold or Silver Medalist
- Greg Blakey: Coach at Mt. Zion HS (IL); Clinician in Germany and Czech Republic
- Lesa Bonee: Coach at Nova Southeastern University (FL)
- Andrea Browning: Coach at Austin Peay State Univ (TN) & Ft. Walton Beach HS (FL)
- Crystl Bustos: Three-time USA Olympic Gold or Silver Medalist (2000, 2004, 2008)
- Ashley Chastain: Assistant Coach at College of Charleston, Pitching Coach of German National Team
- Becky Clark: Coach at University of South Alabama
- Jodie Cox: Former USA National Team; NPF All-Star; Assistant Coach at University of California – Riverside
- Ed Deugan: Head Coach at University of Minnesota – Crookston
- Carie Dever-Boaz: Pro Manager of the Year; College Coach (AR/FL/VA); NCAA All American
- Sheila Douty: Two-time USA Olympic Gold Medalist (1996, 2000); ISF Hall of Fame
- Joe Elston: Assistant Coach at Limestone College (SC)
- Rachele Fico: All American & Assistant Coach at LSU
- Bobby Fresh: Veteran high school and travel team coach (GA)
- Brittany Gano: Former standout at Florida State University
- Graham Gano: Kicker for NFL Carolina Panthers; NCAA Lou Groza Award (FL)
- Judi Garman: Won NCAA World Series at Cal State Fullerton; international coach
- Kaitlyn Gentert: Standout at Rider University and professional instructor (CO)
- Renee Gillispie: Coach at University of Central Florida; international clinician
- Jamie Grodecki: Head Coach at Georgia College
- Joe Guthrie: Assistant Coach at Penn State
- Dionna Harris: Leading hitter for 1996 Gold Medal USA Olympic Gold Medal Team (DE)
- Amy Hayes: Former Pitching Coach for Spanish Nat’l Team; Head Coach at Bradley (IL)
- Kat Ihlenburg: Head Coach at Georgia Gwinnett College
- Terri Knecht: Coach at Yavapai JC (AZ); international clinician
- Lindsay Leftwich: Assistant Coach at LSU
- Brooke Le Sage: Head Coach at Belmont Abbey (NC)
- Sam Marder: Assistant Coach at College of Charleston; 2012 NPF Offensive Player of the Year
- Nancy Mark: Nat’l HS Coach of the Year; ASA All American; international clinician (GA)
- Karen Marr: Asst. Coach Dutch National Team, Former Coach at Univ of Louisville (KY); former Dir of Elite Pitching/Catching (Australia)
- Robin Martin: Asst Coach at Nova Southeastern (FL); former standout at Auburn
- Megan Matthews-Buning: Former Assistant Coach at Florida State & University of Mississippi; pro fastpitch; British Natl Team
- Paula McGovern: U19 National Team Head Coach (Australia)
- Yolanda McRae: Assistant Coach at University of Georgia
- Babsi Meierhans: National Team member and ESF top hitter (Switzerland)
- Jessica Mendoza: Two-time USA Olympic Gold or Silver Medalist (2004, 2008)
- Jay Miller: Former USA National Team Head Coach
- Craig Montvidas: Coach of British, Dutch, and Greek National Teams (Holland)
- Lisa Navas: Assistant Coach at University of South Carolina
- Stacey Nuveman: Three-time USA Olympic Gold or Silver Medalist (2000, 2004, 2008)
- Leah O’Brien-Amico: Three-time USA Olympic Gold Medalist (1996, 2000, 2004)
- Sharon O’Mara: Asst Coach at Troy State (AL); Top junior coach in Australia
- Mike Pace: Former coach at Bethune Cookman University and Daytona Beach CC (FL)
- Sharon Perkins: Former Head Coach at Georgia Tech; Former assistant at University of Georgia
- Tyra Perry: Head Coach at Ball State University (IN)
- Kaleigh Rafter: FSU standout and member of Canadian Olympic Team
- Greg Riddoch: Former manager of San Diego Padres Major League Baseball team (CO)
- Chenita Rogers-Edwards: USA National Team; Voted one of top 35 NCAA players of all time
- Vicky Rogers: Outstanding high school and travel team coach (FL/GA); international clinician
- Lilly Rossetti: Former Coach for Spanish National Team; former coach of German National Team (Italy)
- Dalton Ruer: Founder of Cross Training Softball Instruction GA)
- Eileen Schmidt: Former Head Coach at University of Virginia
- Chrissy Schoonmaker: Assistant Coach at University of Houston
- Alissa Smith: Former coach at University of Maryland; Assistant Coach at Daytona State College
- Annie Smith: Head Coach at Georgia Southern University
- Brent Strom: Former MLB pitching coach for Houston Astros and Kansas City Royals
- Jenny Topping: USA Olympic Gold Medalist (2004)
- Beth Torina: Head Coach at Louisiana State University (LSU)
- Frank Turner: Former Hitting Coach at University of Georgia
- Kathy Van Wyk: Coach at San Diego State; Broderick Award; P Coach-Dutch Nat’l Team
- Joe Vavra: Hitting Coach for Minnesota Twins
- Natasha Watley: Two-time USA Olympic Gold or Silver Medalist (2004, 2008)
- Laura Watten: Coach at University of Maryland
- Nicole Wessels: Dutch National Team; World Championship participant (Holland)
- Tina Whitlock: Coach at Lander University (SC); USA National Team; All-American; Pro player
- Jaime Wohlbach: Coach at University of Deleware; Pro player; international clinician and player
- Carly Wynn: Assistant Coach at Fresno State University (CA)
- I had an awesome time, even though I was worn out when it was over. Now I have PASSION for softball.
- COLLEGE PREP & COLLEGE READY SELECT CAMP – INSTRUCTION FOR THE HIGHEST LEVELSThis is our signature experience for young ladies 14 and over (by 12-31-14) who have college potential, terrific attitude, and excellent work ethic AND NOW ASLOfor incoming college freshman softball players. Watch the 2-minute Camp Video and read What YOU Say About Us www.highergroundsoftball.com. Contact us NOW to see it this is the camp for YOU!Fantastic Instruction… Exciting Format… IMPACT ExposureWe will again use a large number of highly qualified StaffAssistants, who help our outstanding instructional staff with supervision, equipment management, and other camp logistics. Contact us if you are interested in being one of our Staff Assistants.This camp has attracted players from over 30 states and also included players and staff from Australia, Canada, Great Britain, Germany, Holland, Italy, and New Zealand. Camp check-in is at the hotel on Sunday from 2:00-3:00pm. The camp ends on Friday at approximately 12:00 noon. Instruction for both commuters and overnight campers begins after Sunday registration and typically is from 9:00am-9:00pm, with appropriate breaks. Commuters may leave for meals or purchase meal tickets. We are happy to accommodate players who must check in late or check out early due to tournaments, team practice, or other conflicts. We also will provide free local airport transportation.FOR 2014 GRADUATES To upgrade what has always been a very successful format, we added a FANTASTIC TRANSITION EXPERIENCE for young ladies who have graduated and will be starting their college softball career in the fall. YOU will be involved in sessions specifically designed to help YOU make the challenging transition from high school and travel ball to collegiate softball. YOU also have the choice of taking ELITE sessions with highly skilled players in high schools while also having sessions specifically designed for recent graduates. This allows you to have the best of all choices and customize your week of training. If YOU fit the criteria (entering a college softball program, recommended to Higher Ground by qualified person, terrific attitude, excellent work ethic) then YOU should attend this camp. You’ll work hard, work smart, and be much better prepared for college softball.Father Of Player At Select Camp
- I am currently in Amman, Jordan, and will be back in Iraq before morning. I cannot express our sincere pleasure in watching our daughter grow, learn, and practice in a setting conducive to learning. The Select Camp is exceptional and I was pleased with your selection of staff, instruction, intuition, and southern charm. It is why we keep coming back again and again as you have found the niche for fastpitch. Watching the instruction and on-field practical application I applaud y’all in getting the most out of today’s teenager. Incredibly as it may sound; yes, they can get up in the morning; yes, they will listen; yes, they are just teenagers; and, finally, yes, every one of them are thrilled about being at Higher Ground. I was impressed with the attitude and desire of the players as well, not only did they get along, encouraged each other to act appropriately, play tricks on each other and their coaches, and above all, ‘play ball.’ Again, from the bottom of my heart to all of y’all at Higher Ground, thanks a million and please, pass on a special thank you to each and every member of your staff for me.
- You will leave these camps with better skills, increased confidence, stronger work ethic and enthusiasm, and be able to perform better in the arena of real games.
- The SELECT CAMP is available to any player 14 or older (by 12-31-14), or rising college player, who has excelled in earlier camps or been highly recommended by respected softball coaches. It is a camp customized for the most serious players. If you do not receive a notice, but you have a high skill level and a serious desire to play college softball, contact us to discuss this opportunity. This camp is enrollment limited. We strongly encourage early registration and may be unable to guarantee lodging after June 1
- We now lodge players at a Hampton Inn, located near South Commons (an internationally acclaimed 2500 seat stadium surrounded by seven additional world class fields), and we bus you daily to practice and games. Campers may select roommates (typically four per room). If available, you may request two per room for an additional fee. Both Higher Ground and hotel staff provide security and supervision. Meals are provided at the hotel and local restaurants. Players are expected to behave and may be sent home for violating camp rules. Parents also assume responsibility for any damages. The camp is well supervised, a terrific learning experience, and fun.
- The Select Camp is our signature resident camp and is designed for both overnight resident and area commuter campers. We provide top quality, cutting edge, and innovative ELITE instruction for serious softball players who want to excel and have an impact in college softball. You will discover how to understand, practice, and perform at the highest levels of softball. You will learn personal responsibility and proper work ethic in maximizing mental, visual, and physical skills. You will fully utilize U-Pick choices of topics that allow you to select from a buffet of skills and teach you how to get ready for the highest levels of college, international, or professional softball. In addition to outstanding softball coaches, we have also used terrific outside staff such as Major League Baseball managers and coaches, karate instructor, dance teacher, professional actress, NFL kicker, and military leaders to assist at past camps in developing a truly competitive well-rounded softball player.
- DAY CAMPSHigher Ground may schedule a number of sites for summer day camps. This is frequently expanded, so please check our website or contact us for the most current list.Please check in on the first day of attendance by at least 8:30am, so you can start on time. Lunch is typically 12:00-1:00. Remember appropriate equipment, water or sports drink, sun screen, and sack lunch. Some sites may provide full concessions. Check with us prior to camp. We adjust sessions for inclement weather, so plan to attend.
- Day Camps for players 8 and older are conducted each day from 9:00am-4:00pm, with each day providing basic, intermediate, or advanced instruction for a specific skill. One day is designated for defensive positions, one for hitting, and one for pitching. Instructors consider skill levels and adjust topics and depth of instruction based on skills. For specific sessions, players may be divided into separate groups, based on age and/or skills. The sessions are designed to help players perform better in games, with Reality Based Training.
- TEAM CAMPS (Check With Us About Additional Sites and Dates)Our team camps are well attended each year by high school varsity, junior varsity, middle school, and travel teams. We provide high-level instruction and game opportunities, with teams divided into pools. The traditional camp starts with two games per team on Sunday and ends on Thursday with single-elimination tournaments for each group. The Monday through Wednesday period includes three morning U-PICK instructional sessions each day and two games per day per team. Each team is scheduled to play a minimum of nine games during a full 5-day camp and six games during a 3-day option.The individual player fee of only $100 (3-day) or $115-125 (4/5-day) will provide for instruction, T-shirt, handouts for coaches, and one FREE pizza meal or other food event during the camp. Teams will make their own arrangements for lodging, meals, and transportation. We will provide information on local motel discounts.Approximately 150 different schools and organizations from Alabama, Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia have attended past camps. It is an ideal way to get top quality instruction, terrific game opportunities, and for players and coaches to develop the team chemistry necessary for success. Teams are asked to check in at the camp facility at least one hour prior to your first game on Sunday, if 5-day camp, or instruction on Monday, if 3-day camp.CoachCoach
Teams That Have Attended Higher Ground Team Camps
Adairsville Adairsville, GA; Appling County Baxley, GA; Atkinson County Pearson, GA; Auburn – Auburn, AL; Avery County Newland. NC; Baconton CharterBaconton, GA; Baker County – Glen St. Mary, FL; Barnwell – Barnwell, SC;Belleview Rattlers – Belleview, FL; Belton–Honea Path – Honea Path, SC; BereaGreenville, SC; Berkmar -Lilburn, GA; Beulah Valley, AL; Bozeman Panama City, FL; BerrienCo – Nashville, GA; Bremen – Bremen, GA: Brentwood – Sandersville, GA; Brooks County Quitman, GA; Brookstone -Columbus, GA; Brookwood –Thomasville, GA; Byrnes – Duncan, SC; Callaway Hogansville, GA; Calvary Day School Savannah, GA; Camden County, Kingsland, GA; Carrollton – Carrollton, GA; Cartersville – Cartersville, GA; Cass – White, GA; Catholic – Huntsville, AL;Central Coosa – Rockford, AL; Chattahoochee – Alpharetta, GA; Chestatee – Gainesville, GA; Choctaw Central – Philadelphia, MS; Citizens Christian – Douglas, GA; Claiborne – New Tazewell, TN; Clinch County – Homerville, GA; Coffee County – Douglas, GA; Colonial Forge – Falmouth, VA; Colquitt County – Moultrie, GA; Columbus – Columbus, GA; Coosa – Rome, GA; Crescent – Iva, SC; Crisp County – Cordele, GA; Curtis Baptist – Augusta, GA; Dacula – Dacula, GA; DanielCentral – SC; David Emanuel – Stillmore, GA; Dawson County – Dawsonville, GA;East Laurens – Dublin, GA; Eastside – Gainesville, FL; Echols County – Statenville, GA; Elbert County – Elberton, GA; First Coast – Jacksonville, FL; Flagler Palm Coast – Bunnell, FL; Fleming Island – Orange Park, FL; Fullington – Pinehurst, GA;Gatewood – Eatonton, GA; George Walton – Monroe, GA; Glascock County –Gibson, GA; Glynn Academy – Brunswick, GA; Gordon Central – Calhoun, GA;Greater Atlanta Christian – Norcross, GA; Greene/Taliaferro – Greensboro, GA;Greenwood Greenwood, SC; Habersham Central – Mt. Airy, GA; Hawkinsville –Hawkinsville, GA; Hephzibah – Hephzibah, GA; Heritage – Conyers, GA; Holy Innocent’s Episcopal – Atlanta, GA; Houston County Warner Robins, GA; Irwin County – Ocilla, GA; Jackson Jackson, GA; Jasper County – Monticello, GA; Jeff Davis – Hazlehurst, GA; Jefferson – Jefferson, GA; Jenkins County – Millen, GA;John Milledge – Milledgeville, GA; Johnson County – Wrightsville, GA; Jordan –Columbus, GA; Keys Chaos Key West, FL; Key West – Key West, FL; LaGrange –LaGrange, GA; Landmark Christian – Fairburn, GA; Lanier County – Lakeland, GA; Lee County – Leesburg, GA; Leon – Tallahassee, FL; Lower Richland –Hopkins, SC; Lucy C. Laney Augusta, GA; Luella Locust Grove, GA; Manchester –Manchester, GA; Marion County – Buena Vista, GA; Mary Persons – Forsyth, GA;Millington – Millington, TN; Milton – Alpharetta, GA; Monticello – Monticello, GA;New Hampstead – Savannah, GA; New Smyrna Beach – New Smyrna Beach, FL;Newton County – Covington, GA; North Cobb Kennesaw, GA; North Hall –Gainesville, GA; North Oconee – Bogart, GA; Northside – Columbus, GA;Northside Christian – St. Petersburg, FL; Oak Mountain – Carrollton, GA; Ocala Lady Cats – Ocala, FL; Oconee County – Watkinsville, GA; Oglethorpe County –Lexington, GA; Ola McDonough, GA; Opelika – Opelika, AL; Palmetto – Williamston, SC; Parkview – Lawrenceville, GA; Pebblebrock – Mableton, GA;Pelham Pelham, GA; Pendleton – Pendleton, SC; Pepperell – Lindale, GA; Perry –Perry, GA; Pickens County Jasper, GA; Piedmont Monticello, GA; Pinewood –Bellville, GA; Randolph Southern – Shellman, GA; Richmond Hill – Richmond Hill, GA; Roanoke City Roanoke, AL; Robert Toombs Christian – Lyons, GA; Rockdale County – Conyers, GA; Rockmart Rockmart, GA; Savannah Country Day –Savannah, GA; Seneca – Seneca, SC; Sewell – Bremen, GA; Shaw – Columbus, GA.Social Circle – Social Circle, GA. South Gwinnett – Snellville, GA; Southeast Bulloch – Brooklet, GA; Spring Valley Columbia, SC; Spruce Creek – Port Orange, FL; St. Pius – Atlanta, GA; Starr’s Mill – Fayetteville, GA; Stealers Central Merritt Island, FL; Stephenson – Stone Mountain, GA; Stratford Academy – Macon, GA;Sudden Impact 16U – Destin, FL; Summerville – Summerville, SC; Tattnall Square –Macon, GA; Terrell Academy – Dawson, GA; Tift County – Tifton, GA; Tiftarea Academy – Chula, GA; Tigers – Tifton, GA; T.L. Hanna Anderson, SC; Tucker – Tucker, GA; Turner County – Ashburn, GA; Upson-Lee – Thomaston, GA; Villa Rica – Villa Rica, GA; Walker – Marietta, GA; Wesleyan Norcross, GA; West Hall –Oakwood, GA; West Nassau – Callahan, FL; Westover – Albany, GA; WestsideAnderson, SC; Westwood – Camilla, GA; Wheeler – Alamo, GA; White County –Cleveland, GA; Windsor – Macon, GA; Woodham – Pensacola, FL; Woodland – Cartersville, GA; Woodward Academy – College Park, GA; Worth County –Sylvester, GA; X-Static – Valdosta, GA;
- What I have come to realize after my second summer with Higher Ground is that this works and it makes sense.
- None of our players have stopped talking about the great experiences and new friends they met. All the girls made us promise to make your camp an annual trip.
- We request early Team Intent notification and official Camp Registration no later than three weeks prior to camp starting date. Teams attempting to register after that are not guaranteed participation. We encourage fees to be paid in advance, but will be flexible if you contact us to discuss individual needs. We prefer school/team check or purchase order. We want to provide a dependable and very high quality schedule for instruction and games and your assistance and early commitment is much appreciated.
- In addition to our traditional 5-day camp, we now offer a choice of a 3-day Team Camp option for teams that choose to attend all morning instruction and games only on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. This will allow an optional condensed plan with nine hours of U-PICK instruction and six scheduled games.
- INTERNATIONAL PLAYER ADVISORY BOARD We select a group of approximately twenty of the finest young ladies we meet to serve on a board to assist us in improving our services and products. These ladies have impressed our camp staff with their attitude and work ethic and are a great assistance to us. See our web site for additional information.Former camper who played DI softball and is now a college coach
- I met some really amazing people through Higher Ground over the years and I still have some girls that I keep in touch with. And when I got to college, it was pretty neat to play against some of the girls I’d met through camps. The Columbus camp was such an awesome time in my life… I always cried when I left!! I just graduated cum laude from college. Thanks so much for everything you’ve done for me and every other ball player out there. You’ve given a ton of people opportunities they may never have had otherwise
- Through our network, we bring you instructors who know how to teach and motivate personal responsibility in softball players. We take pride in using instructors who actuallyHelp YOU Get Better Every Day. Instructional sessions will challenge athletes while making practice and games fun. We use many U-Pick sessions, so players can choose which topic to attend. The Founder/President of Higher Ground is Bobby Simpson, former Head Coach of the British National Team (Gold Medal Winners of the 2004 Olympic Test Event in Athens, Greece), former assistant coach for the Dutch and Greek National Teams, producer/instructor for over 50 instructional videos and DVDs, veteran of hundreds of clinics, many of which have been in foreign countries, and former director of numerous softball showcases at college and tournament sites. Other instructors used at our camps and clinics have included Olympians, college coaches, top high school and amateur team coaches, professional softball players, college All-Americans, and even Major League Baseball managers and coaches. Bottom line–We bring you highly qualified instructors widely recognized for their ability to teach and help players improve. Check the partial list below for examples and contact us for specific camp staff.
COLLEGE SOFTBALL PREPARATION
Higher Ground is widely recognized for its preparation of skilled players for college opportunities. YOU will develop mental, visual, physical, and emotional skills needed at the highest levels. YOU will take part in solid sessions to assist you in skill development needed so that the exposure to college coaches is what it needs to be. You will learn what college coaches look for, the recruiting process, what college softball is really like, how to make a successful transition, and how to create an experience that is joyful and rewarding. The key to true success at the college level is the development and proper use of mental, visual, and physical game skills. Higher Ground is a world leader in helping you develop those skills.We use Reality Based Training so that the skills you develop can be performed under real game conditions. YOU will get professional, personalized help with skill development, IMPACT exposure, and school selection. If you are already committed to a college program, YOU will move closer to actually being COLLEGE READY for the upcoming season. We will work to help YOU to make the transition and have the impact that YOU desire.
Our daughter received and accepted a softball scholarship from (strong DI school) on Monday afternoon. We want to thank you for making this possible. It was that first camp with you many years ago when she was the smallest kid there that started her on this dream. Thanks again to you and your staff.
Father of Camper
My daughter attended numerous Higher Ground camps and they inspired her to be the best she could be. She will always credit Higher Ground for helping her to persevere and work hard to achieve goals. Higher Ground is a great stepping-stone to great rewards in softball.
Parent of past DI competitor and DI college coach
CONTACT US FOR MORE ABOUT
- Books, videos, DVDs, or other instructional materials
- A Customized Clinic at your site for your group
Higher Ground Softball Camps
P.O. Box 741
Tifton, Georgia 31793
Bus: 229-386-9770 • Cell: 229-392-4048 • Fax: 229-386-9770
Web Site: http://www.highergroundsoftball.com